Software conflict - Panda Cloud Antivirus

Get help for specific problems

bbawt

In a previous post I ran into problems with FFS reporting "nothing to sync" when it showed what new files needed to be written to backup, and also Error Code 5 which didn't allow access as though the files were protected (although all other software allowed access to those files). Turns out the culprit was Panda Cloud Antivirus - I remembered I set this up awhile ago about the time problems started. I uninstalled it and FFS worked just fine.
Site Admin

Zenju

It's possible that Panda Antivirus was scanning the file for viruses because FFS was starting to copy it. FFS uses the Windows internal file copy routine which opens the file with read-only access. For such a low-requirement operation to fail Panda Antivirus must have opened the file with exclusive access - which could be a bug for an AV software since it should allow other applications to read it while it is scanning. Or it is some misguided security feature that blocks other applications from reading until scanning for viruses has finished.
In the dmp file you sent me, I asked you to set a filter to the FreeFileSync process only. But this also prevented me from seeing what other applications were doing right before the access denied - likely there was Panda Anti virus.