RealTimeSyync error after update 11.4

Discuss new features and functions

Wagner

RealTimeSyync error after update 11.4

I have two ffs_gui that I run one of them when I download files.

After the last update, RealTimeSyync when starting displays the message:

"Configuration file "C:\Users\Wagner\AppData\Roaming\FreeFileSync\GlobalSettings.xml" is incomplete. The missing elements will be set to their default values.

The following XML elements could not be read:

<FreeFileSync><General><Language>"

I deleted the file "GlobalSettings.xml", but the error continues.

Any solution?

Thank you

Wagner

I downloaded again and installed. Worked!

10x Zenju!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

massi

Hi,
I've the same error message when starting realtimesync using Debian and FreeFileSync Linux Donation Edition.
I 've tried to replace FreeFileSync folder in my Home with the zip downloaded from the site and renamed /home/massi/.config/FreeFileSync/ folder to force freefilesync to create e new one, but nothing works.
Anyone can help me?
thank you

massi

Sorry.
I solved the error downloading freefilesync from the donation edition page again.
have a nice day

dgregory

I am running FreeFileSync on a Windows 2012 R2 server, with RealTimeSync setup as a batch job in Task Scheduler. The batch job user ONLY has "logon as batch" permissions and not "logon locally", which has been working fine for months at version 11.0.

I upgraded to 11.4 after downloading the installer today and saw the same error message as Wagner. I only saw it ONCE though and could never get it to show again. However, running the batch job did not trigger any syncing after the upgrade.

I think the issue might be a difference between simply double-clicking the SyncSettings.ffs_real file to open it (which runs as my user account) and triggering the batch job in Task Scheduler (which runs as the batch user). After I saw the error for myself, I was able to see the RealTimeSync attempt to sync once and got the expected log errors (because my user doesn't have access to the file share). When it's running as a batch job though, I wonder if the error message is being hidden/blocked and because I can't click/close it, the program cannot continue.

I installed 11.3 instead, and it is working without issues.