RealtimeSync - Directory monitoring active

Get help for specific problems

ChaseM

Hi,

I've configured FreeFileSync to mirror a number of folders and setup RealtimeSync. I've added the RTS configuration file to my WIN 10 start up folder. All good so far, I start the PC RTS kicks in and FFS does the comparison and backup.

I see RTS in the task bar saying it's "Directory monitoring active". But it never triggers FFS to perform any more comparison/backups. I checked this my creating a simple txt file to watch for RTS to run but it doesn't. I've left the idle time at 10sec.

I've tried to check the forum for a similar problem but couldn't find an answer, no doubt operator error at my end.

What did I forget, what am I missing?

Your help is much appreciated!

xCSxXenon

How did you configure it? Dragging the ffs_batch file onto the RTS window is the easiest as it auto-fills the directories to monitor. What locations are being monitored and where are you creating the .txt test file?

ChaseM

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes I dragged the batch file onto the RTS window.
Monitoring a number of folders on C:\ like Documents, photos.
Creating .txt file in one of the monitored "document" folders

xCSxXenon

If you create the .txt file then manually run a compare in FFS, does it detect that test file?

ChaseM

Hi, Yes all good. FFS does Comparison and Synch with no problems and backs up test file.

xCSxXenon

What are the locations that are being synced/monitored?
Are they local locations or anything on the network?

ChaseM

Hi, all local files from my two separate drives in PC - C:\ and D:\ backed up to an external HDD by USB

ChaseM

Still not working, should I uninstall FFS and RTS then do a new install?

xCSxXenon

That's an option. I don't have any other suggestions unfortunately, there must be something interfering with the process or it isn't set up correctly