Batch synchronization fail with ERROR_INVALID_PASSWORD

Get help for specific problems

capripao

I have created an entry in WIndows scheduler to launch a batch synchronization task every evening at 10PM.
The task synchronize my local working directories with my NAS.
Sometime the execution fails giving message ERROR_INVALID_PASSWORD: Network password not correct. [WNetAddConnection2]. This means thean the same computer in the same condition, with the same bath synchronization, every 2 or 3 days fails. If I launch manually from FreeFileSync User Interface just after, it is ok. If try to launch manually from Windows Sheduler, it is ok again.
This means that the current user and related password is well known by the system.
The 2 directories to be synchronized are:
- D:\VMShared\SWvari
- \\tnas-0144d5\BackupUtenti\Paolo\SWvari

I'm gonna crazy anyone can help me?
Thanks

xCSxXenon

How does it 'fix' and start working? You just ignore it and it starts working?

capripao

Usually then I try with UserInterface and it works and for the next 2 or 3 days still works but then the problem arise again

samhou

Did you fix the problem successfully? It has been nearly 2 years since your post, but I still have the same problem.
I got the problem since 5 months ago. I get the same error message ERROR_INVALID_PASSWORD on occasion, just as you.
At first, my NAS blocked IP and complain that FFS is using the wrong password to connect to it. Then I turn the firewall off, but the FFS work still went wrong with ERROR_INVALID_PASSWORD. The problem is really annoying.

capripao

Definetely not. I changed strategy. I've put an icon of the batch in my desktop and I run the process manually and sometimes if it ask the password to access to my NAS, I put credentials manually also.

therube

If I launch manually from FreeFileSync User Interface just after, it is ok.
When you do that, are you asked to provide username/password to the NAS, or does it "just work"?

Does a (Windows) Scheduled Task (already) contain the username/password, or is it "expected" that one is already logged in to the NAS?

Does a Schedule Task run under different "credentials" then the User?

Might the connection to the NAS be dropping, every few days, & so then (again) requires one to enter their username/password for access?

batch in my desktop ... and sometimes if it ask the password to access to my NAS
So then it seems the username/password is not store in the .ffs_batch file.
Likewise even though you have gone that route (desktop shortcut), most times it "just works", but some times it will still prompt for username/password.

With that, it that does kind of sound like the the connection to the NAS is actually being lost, every few days, & until you log in, you're "out".

On one computer here, it would periodically loose a mapped shared drive letter.
So I put a batch file on the desktop - to click before attempting to connect to the share.
(No password in this case.)
@ECHO OFF
:: mapd map network drive SjB 02/21/2000

:: ACCOUNTING machine
netuse G: \\Rubenxp43\c
PAUSE