win10 'administrator problem

Get help for specific problems

luber

can't install current donor version [11.5] even though zip file copied into c:\programs\freefilesync\ where free FFS was
in a win10 system of which I'm supposed to be administrator. Using izarc get error message something like you don't have permission to install here.  Seems to happen occasional with some programs, don't know why. e.g. free version had no problems

therube

Is "/programs/" a directory of your own making (i.e., you're not talking about /Program Files/ or /Program Files (x86)/)?

With a "protected" directory, like /Program Files/, you may not* (necessarily) be able to "manually" create a subdirectory in there. If /programs/ is simply a directory you created, I don't see why there would be any issues.

("May not*". You can, but you'll probably need to run [IZArc], elevated, i.e., As Administrator - even if your user account is an administrative level account.)

If you attempt to install (are you actually installing or simply extracting ?) into some other directory, does that work as expected?

IZArch is a zip/unzip utility. And while you may be able to "unzip" (extract) the contents of a FFS installer, I don't think it will run that way? (Maybe the donor version is different in that respect, not sure offhand?)

xCSxXenon

That process makes no sense...
Why would you unzip it into the folder if you have admin privileges? Just run the installer and have it get installed where it's supposed to. Also as therube said, Don't install programs on the C: drive somewhere other than "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)". Unless you are still 32-bit, than just "Program Files".