Feature request: highlight the files which are done

Discuss new features and functions

DerPapa

Hi
FreeFileSync is great! Since I use it often even during the day to update Project files while working, it would be great to get a visaul feedback which files in the browser are already synced.

Furthermore it would be great to have access to the browser window while syncing. sometimes I want to check the date of a file in the browser and just need to make the window bigger or use the side bars. this is not possible atm, when syncing.

xCSxXenon

You mean when the main FFS window goes gray and "locks" because the sync has started and is displaying the progress window in the foreground?

DerPapa

yes :)

DerPapa

I actually CAN make the window bigger, just realized that, but the point is to be able to rearange the colums. it happend to me that I wanted to check a file size, while syncing. Due to the coulum layout the number was half outside the window frame. I had to wait to rearrange the column widths.

xCSxXenon

I see more problems than solutions arising from allowing the main window to be interacted with. Why are you checking size mid-sync? Maybe there is another solution

DerPapa

it in general just a checking thing... "is the file I just worked on inside the list?" ...mh cannot scroll the list, mybe it's on th bottom. just that kinda thing.
And I can't check after sync is finish, because the list then dissappears.

Access to a logfile that got updated during the sync would do it as well for me.
sometimes if i have a hour synctime it would be nice to check if an important file, is allrerady synced.

Having said this. it would be also nice to have a little Priority checkbox infront of all files, if checked those files go first, or ..more fancy a number i can put in and all files with no.1 go first, then 2, then 3....

cheers
Michael