Trouble syncing Google Drive for Desktop files

Get help for specific problems

cw77

I've seen a couple of similar, older, threads on this, but no feedback. I recently switch from Google Drive to Google Drive for Desktop (formerly FileStream), and now I'm getting an error trying to sync Google files like gdoc, gsheet, etc...

The text of the error is:
Cannot copy file
"L:\My Drive\My Sheet.gsheet" to
"M:\Google Drive\My Sheet~083d.ffs_tmp".

ERROR_INVALID_FUNCTION: Incorrect function. [CopyFileEx]

Anyone else run in to this recently? I'm running FFS version 11.6 Donation. I've also tried to run FFS as Admin, but no luck.

Thanks!

kIvVqhg2Hs3pjMUiVfLk

Just found this post and am having the exact same issue.

It's a real issue...

PotatoConfluence

I have a somewhat different issue with the same program.

Context for the devs: Google recently migrated their 'Backup and Sync' customers to 'Google Drive for Desktop', where they replaced the previous regular file system with a virtual disk that contains shortcuts to online files that you can also mark to be available offline (which is the only way to make them be actual files on the disk).

My issue: I'm trying to sync my work files to a Google Drive backup folder where I set them to be available offline. If Google Drive is also scanning files, FFS gets "(Not Responding)" in the title bar for a few minutes, then throws this error:
Cannot set directory locks for the following folders:

Cannot write file "H:\My Drive\Backup\sync.ffs_lock".
ERROR_NO_SYSTEM_RESOURCES: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. [CreateFile]
On other occasions it says:
Waiting while directory is in use:"H:\My Drive\Backup\sync.ffs_lock" | Detecting abandoned lock... X sec
And in those cases the sync actually works.

Is there a way to make it get access to the files even while Google is scanning them? This didn't use to be an issue with the 'Backup and Sync' app.

(Btw I'm running FFS as administrator.)

Plerry

@PotatoConfluence
You can try setting the LockDirectoriesDuringSync flag to False (default=True).
Do so while FFS is closed!
Make sure to read the risk of setting that flag to False, and if those risk could apply to you.

PotatoConfluence

@Plerry
Thank you, I changed that setting, I'll see tomorrow if it works :)

ocornut

Same issue here, I updated my donation edition today in the hope that latest version would accommodate for Google Drive for Desktop driver but I'm getting same error, maybe me unable to fully backup that virtual drive. I hope this may be investigated eventually. Thank you!

For me at least, the affected files are all links to Google documents (.gdoc, .gsliders), so that backing the local files is sort of meaningless. But those files/links are everywhere in the drive and the amount of errors gets very noisy and prevents from actually seeing the helpful errors.
Site Admin

Zenju

FreeFileSync 11.19 allows to directly sync "My Computers": viewtopic.php?t=9293#p33700

TonyFFS

Thanks for your support, Zenju.

I don't use My Computers on Google Drive, nor do I have plans to use it. And changing the flag LockDirectoriesDuringSync to false as suggested by @Plerry doesn't work.

I just want to copy the link files .gdocs, .gsheet and .gslides to my destination folder.

Is there any way of doing this?