Realtimesync - is there a way to make sync.ffs_lock stop showing up?

Get help for specific problems

gfhyde

Had a request from some staff to disable sync.ffs_lock from appearing in a folder during the sync. No idea if that's even possible. Sounds like a feature of the program to me.

They get a LOT of files in the synchronized folder fairly regularly. When a new file appears in the folder and an admin staff have a bunch of files already selected, it will deselect all of those files. This drives them nuts, as sometimes they will have ~80 files selected and they have to go through and do it all over again, very specifically.

I disabled the LockDirectoriesDuringSync setting in GlobalSettings.xml but that didn't change anything.

xCSxXenon

Make sure that setting in the xml file actually stayed. The lock is actually from FFS so multiple syncs don't run at the same time on the same directories. You could set the sync one folder shallower and only include the folder you are syncing now. This should create the lock one directory up and shouldn't cause the issue they are having

gfhyde

Thanks for the quick reply.

The setting in the .xml file definitely did NOT stay haha. Good catch. I'll try again now.

Plerry

In order to make your changes "stick", note the bold part at the start of the Expert Settings Manual page.

Illioc

Hi, is there any plan to have the "expert settings" modifiable in the "normal options" screen ? :)