[Feature Request] VerifyCopiedFiles in configuration to override global setting

Get help for specific problems

mdrmdr

Hi,

I could not manage it to have <VerifyCopiedFiles Enabled="false"/> in a configuration XML while keeping <VerifyCopiedFiles Enabled="true"/> in the global settings file. I did try it unter <FreeFileSync...> and <Synchronize>. But neither worked.

How is it done so that a configuration setting overrides the global setting?
Last edited by mdrmdr on 30 Mar 2021, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.

Plerry

It is just a global setting, and can (at least presently) not be overruled in/for a specific sync configuration.
However, global settings are user specific, so you may be able to run your <VerifyCopiedFiles Enabled="false"> syncs as a different user than your <VerifyCopiedFiles Enabled="true"> syncs.

mdrmdr

That's for sure technically possible but kinda overkill for such a functionality...
I'll add "Feature Request" now to the title ;-)

Sonik_C

I would also like to see the "Verified Copied Files" added per config, instead of a global setting. It's handy to have on some drives and not others. I'd like to be able to just switch this on for certain drives and mtp devices.

Plus, I've never understood why this is a hidden option and we have to edit an xml file to get it working? If the functionality is there, then why not add it as a checkbox to easily toggle on/off?