Stable version

Get help for specific problems

JohnPowers

I have been using this program for many years and have "donated" a few times moving files on a home LAN. The last couple of updates I am not liking how the program looks showing files to copy and recently it is acting strange copying files and failing to copy 2 ways. I had to delete al the sync*.* files and I think that fixed it.

I went on the forum and I see there a lot of people complaining about critical issues. My question is since I have saved all the donated version files, I have uninstalled and reinstalled older versions.

Is 10.15 considered one of the stable ones? I like how it looks better than newer ones.
Last edited by JohnPowers on 10 Apr 2021, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.

JohnPowers

I'm not a power user but I rely on the program for backing up my work between machines. Sometimes I might use one machine or another. The last couple of versions I purchased I do not like how the files are highlighted to be copied. Too confusing from what I've gotten used to. Then I noticed some files weren't getting picked up for copying. I have loaded 10.15 and will continue with that.

That goes back to the end of 2019. It was 2020 when the program started looking confusing and harder to see what changes it was going to make. And then this year I discovered it was missing files. I am worried I have lost stuff and not realized it so I'm going back to when I know I had no issues. I am using 10.15 and may stay with that version for now. It's like the programmers are just determined to make visual changes just for the sake of justifying making us upgrade.

Do most people consider 10.15 pretty reliable? I am seeing people commenting about there being an increasing number of problems and my novice experience have seen that happen.

bgstack15

My use cases are probably all pretty simple, so I think they're all stable.

But 10.24 was the last version that kept the classic "flat" grid view we used to have.

JohnPowers

I haven't posted in awhile. I have paid for several donated versions but last year I started having problems and reloaded 10.15. The program was getting confusing to use. I liked the flat grid. Would I be disappointed if I tried the latest version again? Otherwise I'll just stick with 10.15 for now.

JohnPowers

There was just getting to be too much junk on the screen. And trying to figure out what files went with what folders was getting impossible for me.

Sonik_C

10.24 is the version I've always stuck with. It is Stable for what I need, and it's the last version that keeps the older (and better imo) flat view.
I have tried testing all versions after that and always gone back to 10.24. I just find the old view much easier and quicker to work with.

JohnPowers

I donated for 10.15 and the next one was 10.25...then 3 different versions of 11.X hoping I'd find something I liked. Is it possible to get a donated version of 10.24? How different is 10.15 from 10.24 you use?

JohnPowers

Sonik,
I found where I can download 10.24. It's working fine so I'll use that. If they come out with a version less confusing, I'll be glad to donate again.

Sonik_C

No major differences or added features that I can tell between 10.15 and 10.24, other than bugfixes.
I'm not sure about the donation versions as I've never used them. The free version has always been good enough for my usage.

You might have to stick with 10.24, I don't think the Dev has any plans to bring the old view back to be honest.