"Move" instead of "Copy"

Get help for specific problems

tintifachs

hi there,
is there a way to MOVE files from one physical drive to another drive instead of COPY them so that the left folder/drive is empty after the sync-process and only the right folder/drive contains the synced files? alternatively the synced files could also be automatically deleted on the left side via a new batch after a successful sync. but the problem there is that freefilesync would need to have the possibility to "delete all files on the left that are existing/that are identical on both sides" which is not possible, i think.
maybe there is also a way to accomplish this via an automated terminal-entry, but I'm not familiar with this kind of stuff, unfortunately :-(
I would be very thankyful for any kind of advice

Plerry

Asked and answered many times.
A MOVE is not a FreeFileSync (FFS) supported action, as it is not a synchronization related action.

drxian

ahhh ive been directed here after just asking the same question. sorry for the double ask..

well yes, it might not be part of "normal" sync process but I found Goodsync is happy to be broadminded and let its users do MOVEs as well as syncs...

thanks for the respsonse

BGO

Check out this answer https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21576497/command-to-delete-files-in-unc-path
Also for none UNC files you can write a batch file (rd ....)

The script is working - maybe one can run is a batch file after the sync