Errors related to Versioning

Get help for specific problems

Tesseract

Hi all,

First off, massive thank you to the developers of this tool. It's proving to be a huge asset in relation to home file management and backing items up seamlessly and in the background!

Tldr; Versioning on a different OMV share works, but is failing according to the FFS logs and I can't work out why.

This is an overview of my use case:
I've got around 20 different "full copies" (300GB+) of the family photos spread across a vast number of drives (even a PS3 back in the day, for redundancy of course) and both my dad and myself have recently invested in Google Home Hubs. Naturally we want our family photos to show up in the slideshow like our phone photos do. So I've set my dad a task to sort through the junk photos and filter out the real gems we want to see on our Hubs.

This is how it works:
I've set the family up with a Google Drive 100GB subscription, so that's his limit, and he's currently sorting through the photos on his laptop and moving them into a folder on Google Drive. I've set this GD folder up to share with my GD account as well, so my desktop is populated with the photos he wants to keep. Because we're risk averse (or have trust issues, interpret that as you will), I've got FFS running a regular task on my desktop to scan for changes to any of the photos in the GD folder with an FTP share I have on my local Open Media Vault file server. This is working perfectly and all our family photos are stored on my OMV server, my desktop, Google Drive and my dads laptop.
To visualise, the process looks like this:
<Dad's laptop> to <Google Drive> to <My Desktop> to <OMV>

This is what I want to add:
The next step I'd like to add is versioning control, with the ability to recover from any potential errors/issues we may see on Google's side. If, for example, Google Drive suddenly deletes everything, and this is replicated to our PC's and therefore our own backups, then we lose everything. So I've looked into the use of the versioning function within FFS as part of this Sync, to keep a copy of the items which have been removed safe.

This is how it should work:
For extra redundancy, the versioning folder I've set is on a separate disk within my OMV setup, and I've set up a new share via OMV with the same permissions as the existing photos share. As part of my FFS batch configuration, I've the action set to move files to a user defined folder and added the link to the new folder on OMV.
This is what I want the process to look like:
<Dad's laptop> to <Google Drive> to <My Desktop> to <OMV> IF deleted; to <OMV Versioning Folder>

This is what happens:
Everything seems to work, as expected, but FFS is showing an error. I've deleted a folder within the photographs which FFS sees and marks for deletion. When running the task, the window opens showing progress but it seems to stick doing "nothing" while it cycles through the names of the files. At the end, it shows it has finished but with errors.
Error below:
Cannot move file
"ftp://archive/sync/GDPhotos/Italy Broken/DSC_6704.JPG" to
"ftp://archive/archive1tb/SyncVersioning/2021-05-04 123304/Italy Broken/DSC_6704.JPG".
CURLE_RECV_ERROR: response reading failed
350 File or directory exists, ready for destination name [curl_easy_perform]
12:33:05    Error:    Cannot delete file "ftp://archive/archive1tb/SyncVersioning/2021-05-04 123304/Italy Broken/DSC_6562.JPG".
CURLE_QUOTE_ERROR: QUOT command failed with 550
550 /archive1tb/SyncVersioning/2021-05-04 123304/Italy Broken/DSC_6562.JPG: No such file or directory [curl_easy_perform]
12:33:06    Error:    Cannot delete file "ftp://archive/archive1tb/SyncVersioning/2021-05-04 123304/Italy Broken/DSC_6564.JPG".
CURLE_QUOTE_ERROR: QUOT command failed with 550
550 /archive1tb/SyncVersioning/2021-05-04 123304/Italy Broken/DSC_6564.JPG: No such file or directory [curl_easy_perform]
When I browse to the folder I've set up for Versioning, the folders exist and the relevant files are present within those folders, basically working as expected, but I'm not sure where this error is coming from.

Is anyone able to help shine some light on this issue for me?

Thank you in advance,
~T

Tesseract

It's been a few weeks, is anyone able to help with this?

~T

rgreasley

Sadly, I too have this problem. It works fine with SMB, but for added security I switched over to FTPES recently and noticed these sporadic errors. In one directory for example, all but one file was versioned. The other modified files are there, but that one file is missing.
All of the files are named similarly, but that one file failed in this directory.