Date problem when syncing on an android phone

Get help for specific problems

mumen2

Hello
I'm having a date problem when syncing on an android phone.

When ffs sends a file to the phone, everything seems to be fine, if I resync nothing appears in the list.

If I disconnect the phone and reconnect it, then everything I sent appears in the sync list again, because each of the dates of the files located on the phone appears at the date/time of the copy and not the original file.

So Android sets the file modification date to the copy date and not the original file date and your buffers doing their job, they don't read back the file date on the phone, so it looks like everything is fine, but when they are read back, then the problem appears.

One solution to me is to resynchronize from the phone to the PC, but doing so, each original date is lost.

I don't know if it's a problem with your development, maybe is it more on the Android side ? (and maybe depending on its version, mine is 6.0.1).

As it is, the synchronisation is unusable and it's a pity. I was using Résilio-Sync for this and I would like to do without it for various reasons, but nevertheless I didn't have this date problem with this solution.

Can you help me?

Plerry

It seems you are running a PC => Android Mirror sync.
Try using the Update sync variant instead.
This will only copy new or modified files PC-to-Android since you ran the last sync.

mumen2

Thanks for the reply, it does indeed copy the modified files and set 'do nothing' for the others. It only copies the most recent files, that's the right trick for this case.

By the way I've only just thought of it, I've tested with a direct copy and the modification dates are also updated at the time of the copy. So it's structural and ffs is totally out of the question.

I understand better some of the weirdness with this same synchronisation by Resilio. I'll have to rethink this and limit what I wanted to achieve in the end.

xCSxXenon

Also, that is a really old version of Android and may not be an issue on more recent versions.