Keep revisions in same folder as original

Get help for specific problems

mhoude

Hi,

Is there a way to keep the file versioning in the same folder as the original one instead of specifying a different location ?

Thanks

xCSxXenon

You can, just make sure you exclude from the sync unless you want the version folder to also be synced to the to destination.

mhoude

What I meant by this is:

Source\Data\File1.txt

Destination\Data\File1.txt
Destination\Data\File1 2021-05-18-0001.txt
Destination\Data\File1 2021-05-17-0424.txt
etc...

See that the versioning occurs in the original destination path, that`s what I want to achieve.

Thanks

xCSxXenon

I see, I interpreted 'original' as the source of the sync. That can't work because the versioned files would then throw the syncing out of whack. They would be deleted upon another mirror sync, copied back to source if running two-way, and updating fails because it first versions the existing file before updating and fails because the file now doesn't exist in the destination. The filters required would be immense

mhoude

Well I do not use mirroring, only one way sync, that`s why I was asking.

Thanks

xCSxXenon

One-way sync is mirroring

mhoude

Well I mean only update the destination with the new files.

If we could ad an .ffsrev extension for the versioned files we could easily filter them.

This will refrain us from using FFS for our purposes so we will have to look for an alternative until there a similar feature implemented.

Thanks for answering and keep up the good work

Have a great day

xCSxXenon

Ah I see! Hopefully you find something! FileHistory/Windows backup has been reliable as long and you aren't backing up to an external

AlfonsDerSchwabe

Hi
I just started using the app.
Need similar functionality.
Have multiple backup hard discs which I would like now to merge into one new disc stack.
It would be really helpful for me when I would have different versions in the original folder.
Thanks
Cheers
AdS

AlfonsDerSchwabe

Well I mean only update the destination with the new files.

If we could ad an .ffsrev extension for the versioned files we could easily filter them.

This will refrain us from using FFS for our purposes so we will have to look for an alternative until there a similar feature implemented.

Thanks for answering and keep up the good work

Have a great day mhoude, 18 May 2021, 16:55
Did you find an alternative? Have same requirement. Thanks