Tree View

Get help for specific problems

welo

Thanks for this great piece of software! I really love it so far!

I've searched the forums but couldn't find any discussion about visualizing
the file comparison result in a (collapsible) tree. I really missed that
feature. This would help a lot in some situations!

Sorry if this has been discussed before - I would really be surprised if not!

welo
Site Admin

Zenju

Indeed, this feature request is discussed here:
[404, Invalid URL: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2789932&group_id=234430&atid=1093083]

welo

Thanks for the pointer! I will post there...

zalithka

As bad as I know thread necrophilia is, it's better than having a thousand with the same question.. So:

I'd love to navigate my sync folders differences in a tree view.. It sucks having to scroll through a folder you know has thousands of changes, just to see the couple hundred important ones, near (but not at) the bottom.

Simply collapsing the tree of "known mass changes" would spare us a few more heartbeats for something else. :)

The link above seems to be dead these days, goes to a 404 page. Is there perhaps another tracker somewhere for this project? Otherwise, where could feature requests be found these days?
Site Admin

Zenju

As bad as I know thread necrophilia is, it's better than having a thousand with the same question.. So:

I'd love to navigate my sync folders differences in a tree view.. It sucks having to scroll through a folder you know has thousands of changes, just to see the couple hundred important ones, near (but not at) the bottom.

Simply collapsing the tree of "known mass changes" would spare us a few more heartbeats for something else. :)

The link above seems to be dead these days, goes to a 404 page. Is there perhaps another tracker somewhere for this project? Otherwise, where could feature requests be found these days?zalithka
What is the problem with the currently implemented tree view?

zalithka

What is the problem with the currently implemented tree view?Zenju
My apologies.. I don't remember getting any email notifications of this, so I didn't realise you'd responded.

The current view is a straight list view, which makes it difficult to see the structure of the files being synchronised. I'm referring to the same collapsible tree view as mentioned in the first post above. For an example of what I mean, perhaps you should check out the interface for Meld?

In the mean time, I've attached a screenshot of FFS and Meld, showing a comparison of the same folders.
Attachments
Meld-example.PNG
Meld-example.PNG (98.88 KiB) Viewed 1002 times
FreeFileSync-example.PNG
FreeFileSync-example.PNG (280.34 KiB) Viewed 1002 times

ivanny

My apologies.. I don't remember getting any email notifications of this, so I didn't realise you'd responded.

The current view is a straight list view, which makes it difficult to see the structure of the files being synchronised. I'm referring to the same collapsible tree view as mentioned in the first post above. For an example of what I mean, perhaps you should check out the interface for Meld?

In the mean time, I've attached a screenshot of FFS and Meld, showing a comparison of the same folders.zalithka
I totally in agreement, tree view will be a better way to immediatly point out the differences.
After that, I think that FreeFile Sync has no revals!