compare says <item not existing> for files that exist

Get help for specific problems

polyglotinc

I'm comparing (doesnt matter which flavor) a folder on external drive of local mac, and internal drive on a mac on the LAN.
While 372,000+ files compared successfully, 582 were listed as not existing in the folder on the LAN mac.
I can see the supposedly missing files via finder, and can open them. They are various file types and sizes.
This is using the latest version (11.11) of FFS.

So...??

xCSxXenon

They exist on both sides? Are the folder paths exactly the same?

polyglotinc

Yes, the directory trees inside the 2 folders are supposed to be the same,
but finder says one has 368,317 items and the other has 368,319 items,
so I was trying to find the missing 2 files via FFS, but it lists almost 600 files as missing.
The "missing" but not really missing files have subpaths as simple as ./backup/admin7.rtf
They even have the same size and mod date on each side, but FFS doesn't get that far since it thinks the files are missing on the network mounted side.

xCSxXenon

What does FFS want to do with them? What if you just run the sync?

polyglotinc

I don't want to actually sync..I'm just doing a compare to find the 2 actually missing files on one side,
but being thwarted. I often have problems with FFS not really looking at files like Finder does when it comes to resource forks as separate "dot" files, etc....but I haven't run into it giving me <item not existing> before.
Site Admin

Zenju

I'd suggest narrowing down on a single example file and doing some tests. For example, for one file that you assume existing on the network side, but that FFS shows as "not existing", do you see it when you open the parent folder in the terminal and issue an "ls"?