FFS does not recognize name change in left folder

Get help for specific problems

haegarhorrib

Hi there,

I haven't found a solution in the forum. If I missed it please point me in the right direction.

I'm mirroring files from left to right.
I noticed one already mirrored folder was improperly named (Starting with 2012 instead of 2021).
So I went to explorer renamed it in the respcetive folders on the left and right side and ran FFS again.
FFS showed me the old name on the left side, wanted to delete the correctly named folder on the right side and add the wrongly named (though it was renamed in explorer) folder again.
Have you got any idea how to fix this?

THX
h

Gianni1962

Did you push the Compare button again after the renames?

haegarhorrib

Yes, I did.
I even made acopy of the folder with a slightly different name and synced = worked, had two folders
Then I deleted the first folder with the wrong name and synced =worked had one folder
renamed the remaining folder on the left and the right side =same problem as before, FFS wanted to sync a folder with the old name and delete the new name
THX
h

Gianni1962

Please give me the exact folder names, may be there is something strange/wrong with those names.

xCSxXenon

I would bet that they are in different locations and the correctly named folder is being synced somewhere else.
Get screenshots

haegarhorrib

Hi,
I've copied the path from FFS to Explorer, to ensure I'm in the right place.

The folder name in FFS was "20120718_Radtour-Kopie", Explorer opened the folder named "20210718_Radtour"

The folder "20120718_Radtour-Kopie" cannot be found via search anywhere on my Computer
THX
h
Attachments
What explorer shows when opening from FFS Context menu.png
What explorer shows when opening from FFS Context menu.png (63.48 KiB) Viewed 600 times
Path FFS wants to delete.png
Path FFS wants to delete.png (18.27 KiB) Viewed 600 times
Path FFS wants to copy.png
Path FFS wants to copy.png (12.54 KiB) Viewed 600 times

xCSxXenon

That "20120718_Radtour - Kopie" folder is in parent directory "Aktuell" and the one in the explorer window looks wildy different. The NAS location looks completely different from that explorer window also. What is the path in the explorer window?

haegarhorrib

Hi,
it looks different because FFS shows the path in english and my explorer shows it in german.
I had other folders in the mirroring run I renamed for other reasons. Those worked perfectly.
THX
h

xCSxXenon

Gotcha! So FFS is seeing the folder but with 2021 instead of 2012 and adding " - Kopie" to the end of it?

haegarhorrib

Not quite. The Kopie is mine. When I tried to solve the problem by using a copy, I added Kopie to the Name.

xCSxXenon

What if you copy/paste the following to rename the folder:
20210718_Radtour

Maybe a character is weird in that language. It that how it's supposed to be named?

Plerry

Seems pretty straight forward:
> "I added Kopie to the Name"
So, it is now a differently named folder that exists on the left ("20120718_Radtour - Kopie" instead of "20120718_Radtour").
And as you run a Mirror sync, FFS intends to simply copy it to the right.
And apparently neither the originally named folder "20120718_Radtour" nor a renamed folder "20210718_Radtour" does (still?) exist in the left location and thus FFS intends to delete any such folder from the right location.

haegarhorrib

It's even worse.
In Explorer the folders on my Computer and the NAS are named exactly the same.
I copied the folder name from computer to NAS via explorer to ensure there's no hassle due to invisible signs.
Name is 20210718_Radtour.

FFS always presents the former name of the folder and wants to use that for copying.
If I start the copying process FFS deletes the correctly named folder and copies the exact same pictures in a folder using the former name.

Crazy thing is, this is the only folder behaving so weirdly.
I did the same with other folders and it worked.

I finally stopped copying the same folder and renaming it. Instead I made a completely new folder, copied the pictures there and deleted the old one.
That seems to have done the trick.
THX for the help
h

xCSxXenon

That was going to be my next suggestion, creating new instead of copying. I wonder if there was some weird metadata causing this
Site Admin

Zenju

This sounds like an issue related to desktop.ini + "LocalizedResourceName"

haegarhorrib

Might be.
THX