Error on Backup of Files

Get help for specific problems

bjacan@gmail.com

Can someone explain this error to me. I don't understand what it is asking for.
Here is the error produced:

Some files will be synchronized as part of multiple base folders.
To avoid conflicts, set up exclude filters so that each updated file is included by only one base folder.
C:\Users\bjac\Documents\Data
C:\Users\bjac\Documents\Data\Thunderbird Profiles 2021

I need to copy the Thunderbird Profiles 2021 directory (in the 2nd line) contents to the Main "Data" directory (shown in line 1) before that main Data directory (in Line 1) is copied to external drives as backup.

Gianni1962

Please show your sync configuration.

Why did you need to copy the Thunderbird Profiles 2021 directory contents to C:\Users\bjac\Documents\Data ?
It is not better to leave it alone and copy it as is when you copy C:\Users\bjac\Documents\Data with sub-directories to the external drives?

bjacan@gmail.com

Thx Gianni for your help. I guess I should have shown the initial sync lines that I believe is part of producing this error. The daily changing "Thunderbird Profiles 2021" directory I am trying to copy is not in the "Data" directory as a subdir. The actual path is: C:\Users\bjac\appData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles. I am not sure how to show my sync configuration but here is the two sync lines I believe producing the error.
C:\Users\bjac\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles - C:\Users\bjac\Documents\Data\Thunderbird Profiles 2021
Thx

xCSxXenon

That happens when two pairs contain the same data to be synced. You are syncing:
"C:\Users\bjac\appData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles" to "C:\Users\bjac\Documents\Data\Thunderbird Profiles 2021"
and then
"C:\Users\bjac\Documents\Data\" to external

?? Am I right
When you do this, it will sync the Documents\data folder to the external before the profile data from AppData gets put into that Documents\data folder

xCSxXenon

So you will have to run the sync twice to be fully synced
Better to do this:
AppData\....\Thunderbird to External\Thunderbird Data Backup\
and change the include filter to only include the "Profiles" folder
Documents\Data\ to External\Thunderbird Data Backup\
and add External\Thunderbird Data Backup\Profiles to the exclusion

Then you aren't chain-syncing from AppData to Documents then Documents to external

bjacan@gmail.com

xCSxXenon - Thanks
Yes. What I am trying to do is backup the Profile files (which change daily) to a central Data Directory, then copy that whole Data Directory to several external drives for backup. So further down the Sync screen I have several lines like: C:\Users\bjac\Documents\Data to D:\Data and then the next one to E:\Data etc.

xCSxXenon

You can keep it that way, but just know you have to sync multiple times for it to be fully in sync, or change it to the way I suggested. You're way may be easier if there are many backup locations

bjacan@gmail.com

Thx again xCSxXenon.
I just created a whole new batch file to run that one command an hour b4 the other batch. That will update the profile file then later the 2nd batch will update all the ext drives. Thanks for your insight.
Bill
Site Admin

Zenju

Warning is fixed in FFS 11.24! It will now show examples which file paths exactly are the issue:
viewtopic.php?t=9365#p34930