reflect deletes in the left on right

Discuss new features and functions

wimorrison

I use a NAS to store files in directories that can come from different sources, therefore one source may not behave all the files locally.

I would like to be able to sync from left (Source) to right (NAS) whereby if Source A adds or deletes a file then this addition or deletion is reflected in the target NAS directory but the other files in the NAS from Source B and Source C are not affected.

Is it possible to do this action? Currently, I have been unable to find a way to do this and I am having to do manual deletions to keep stuff in sync. The additions work by using the Update but that doesn't seem to reflect deletion in the Source on the NAS holding multiple sources.

Hopefully feasible :)

Gianni1962

A setup like this?

Source A (Mirror to) NAS\Source A\
Source B (Mirror to) NAS\Source B\
Source C (Mirror to) NAS\Source C\

This way they are all independent from each other.

wimorrison

I also saw that method, but it isn't what I want to do as the files are mostly already in the NAS Target (manual copying) and separating isn't really feasible.

Source A (?????) to NAS Target
Source B (?????) to NAS Target
Source C (?????) to NAS Target

I was hoping that the Source kept a record of what it's files are and therefore only worked with its files.

Gianni1962

I can't see a different solution than this ...

On the NAS:

- create a directory named "Source A" and move the relevant files and directories in it
- duplicate "Source A" in "Source B" and "Source C"
- create the sync setup of my previous post

wimorrison

I guess you are saying I have to work around what FreeFileSync doesn't provide

The are 1.1Tb of files built up over many years

xCSxXenon

No sync program in existence will do what you are wanting, because what you want is absurd to want ha
How can the program know what files came from which source so it won't delete other source's data??