Recycle Bin not supported warning

Get help for specific problems

P40

When I delete a file that appears on the NAS side of the freefilesync comparison window, I then get the following warning:

"The recycle bin is not supported by the following folders. Deleted or overwritten files will not be able to be restored:...."

I choose to ignore the warning, but am not sure why it is appearing as a warning in the first place, because the recycle bin is set up and working for these folders on my NAS drive, and, furthermore, the deleted files are moving properly into the recycle bin of the NAS.

Any ideas?

HenriQuatre

Hi,
I understand that you delet the file before synchronisation in the comparison window ?

Plerry

No.
If you do have a recycle-bin active on your NAS (that FFS is unaware of), you can simply ignore the warning. The NAS will then (still) move the "to-be-deleted" file to the recycle bin upon "deletion".

If you do not have a recycle-bin active on your NAS, you should decide if it is OK that you can not recover the to-be-deleted file(s) after being deleted.
If OK, you can accept/ignore the warning and execute the sync.
If not OK, you can manually safeguard said file(s) before executing the sync.

As an alternative to using recycle bins, consider using the much more flexible Versioning instead.