Error message with new sync setup

Get help for specific problems

bobbo

Until now I was successfully syncing my data files from C:\Users\Bob\Documents to D:\Bob's Databackup Using FreeFileSync Last night I added a new line to backup my CCleaner.ini file and I get an error as shown in the attachment. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
Attachments
Error with New Folder Comparison and Sync.jpg
Error with New Folder Comparison and Sync.jpg (89 KiB) Viewed 458 times

Plerry

Well, the message is clear: the user under which credentials the FFS sync is run (likely "Bob") does not have write access to the C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder, so FFS can't write the sync.ffs_lock file there.
So, you either need to make sure the user under which credentials the FFS sync is run does have write access to the C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder (and all other folders involved in the sync),
or you have to set the LockDirectoriesDuringSync flag to False (do so while all FFS instances are closed!), but make sure to read the reasons for having, and the risk of disabling that flag.

xCSxXenon

FFS writes that .lock file to the directory so that if another FFS sync is ran at the same time, it will read that file and won't sync until the first one is done. This avoids multiple syncs from running at the same time for one location. I wouldn't change the settings for the entire program like Plerry suggest, I would just click 'Ignore' for this config. Just keep in mind the risks, but they are probably miniscule

bobbo

Thank you my friends for that advice. I am the only one using this PC so clicking "Ignore" should = no risk. After I am satisfied that clicking "Ignore" works, maybe I will try Plerry's suggestion.