how do run FileSync during windows shutdown ?

Get help for specific problems

digi100

Hi

I am new here. Is the an way to run FileSync evertime I do shutdown my windows pc (user clicks on shutdown button)?

I already tried it with gpedit.msc and the registry entry "shutdown", but I did not get to work it. Any suggestions?

regards
Stefan/Switzerland

xCSxXenon

You can use the FFS exe in command line with your saved config passed as a parameter

s1l3nce

Sorry for reviving this old post but, for the life of me, I just can't figure out how to use the Startup/Shutdown Scripts to make it work. I just added the FFS executable to the script name section and under parameters I added the location of the .ffs_batch file but it does not work.

xCSxXenon

You might find it easier to simply write a batch script that runs the FFS sync and then runs the shutdown command after that finishes. Name it whatever, but it would contain two lines:
"C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" "C:\Path\To\Your\FFS\Config\File"
and
shutdown -s -t 0

Name it "Sync and Shutdown" or something else appropriate. Place it on the desktop or somewhere you can easily run it from

s1l3nce

You might find it easier to simply write a batch script that runs the FFS sync and then runs the shutdown command after that finishes. Name it whatever, but it would contain two lines:
"C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" "C:\Path\To\Your\FFS\Config\File"
and
shutdown -s -t 0

Name it "Sync and Shutdown" or something else appropriate. Place it on the desktop or somewhere you can easily run it from xCSxXenon, 19 Mar 2024, 14:14
That wouldn't work for me. I need an automated backup task that runs before the computer shuts down.

Plerry

Did you try using the Windows Task Scheduler?
There you can choose to run tasks based on a given time, but also upon given events, such as startup, login, logoff and shutdown.

xCSxXenon

Did you try using the Windows Task Scheduler?
There you can choose to run tasks based on a given time, but also upon given events, such as startup, login, logoff and shutdown. Plerry, 20 Mar 2024, 13:17
That was my first link but they were unable to figure it out...
Good luck to em I suppose