"! Restore hidden windows" button purpose in Tools>Global settings?

Get help for specific problems

glschmidt

What is the purpose of the "! Restore hidden windows" button purpose in Tools>Global settings?
When I click it the following dialogue opens: "Restore all hidden windows and warnings?" Restore - Cancel.
I don't want to mess up something I can't undo.

Thanks, Greg
Version: 6.2
Build: Feb 1 2014 - Unicode x64

dani349

An other good question which I also have. Just came across this myself and wonder what on earth it is.

I'll be waiting to hear this as well.
Site Admin

Zenju

Sometimes the user is given the option to "not show this warning/dialog again". This button makes them reappear. Any improvement to the button label needed?

blues12

Show all warnings
Site Admin

Zenju

Show all warningsblues12
It's not only warnings. This also affects: 1. save config confirmation 2. confirm start sync 3. Confirm external command mass invokation

dani349

Sometimes the user is given the option to "not show this warning/dialog again". This button makes them reappear. Any improvement to the button label needed?Zenju
Maybe just a link to a section in the helpfile with such an explanation. Otherwise people may not know what it's for just like we see here.

Or a brief tooltip with something like you just said above "Sometimes the user is given the option to "not show this warning/dialog again". This button makes them reappear."
Site Admin

Zenju

Maybe just a link to a section in the helpfile with such an explanation. Otherwise people may not know what it's for just like we see here.

Or a brief tooltip with something like you just said above "Sometimes the user is given the option to "not show this warning/dialog again". This button makes them reappear."dani349
A tooltip is a good idea, I'll add one for the next release!

blues12

Well, then "Show all dialogs" or "Show all messages" or "Show all warnings and Confirm-Dialogs"

My reasoning = since they're hidden, the usual pair is called Show/Hide.
But some programs also call it "Reset all Dialogs"
Site Admin

Zenju

I've renamed the button to "Show hidden dialogs again" and added a tooltip "Show all your hidden dialogs and warning messages again". Let me know if this still needs some improvement.