User and password repository for accessing folders

Discuss new features and functions

UB67

It would be useful to be able to specify, both for the source and the target folder, user and password to use to connect.
It would be nice to be able to define user / domain / password or choose the credential to use from a list of credentials.
If you use RDM (RemoteDesktopManager by Devolutions) the idea is to use the same methodology.

Best regards

Plerry

At least in Windows, FFS simply uses the Windows Credential Manager.
I guess for two reasons:
1) It is already there, so why re-invent the wheel
2) It omits any liabilities related to weaknesses or bugs in a self-created solution

The Windows Credential Manager allows you to store a user/password combination per network resource (at top URL-level).
And allows different Windows users to store different user/password credentials for one and the same network resource.

Louiscar

I had an issue with my NAS drive when I first got FFS. The problem was that I had a password set for my NAS drive but it was not in the credential manager (deliberately).

The problem was that as this was not there FFS could not access the drive due to the password request not popping up. This was fixed by the author.

I'm quite happy to enter the password whenever I do a sync job to the NAS but it would be more convenient to trust FFS with the access password so a separate DB could be useful. Whether there are enough cases where this would be needed I have no idea.

Just thought I'd point out one possible exception.