Cannot monitor directory...[GetOverlappedResult]

Get help for specific problems

richardgmills

I can't find any answers to this, and all posts on the subject are a few years old. RealTimeSync was working fine. Recently, it stopped working with the batch file I was using. Today, I tried various one-directory matches, and it doesn't matter which file I try, I get the same error (as listed on this site a few times):

Cannot monitor directory "[directory path and name]". ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND: The system cannot find the file specified. [GetOverlappedResult]

When I run the same batch on FreeFileSync (Version 11.16 • 64 Bit • 1/2/2022), it completes without errors. But when I try to run it in RealTimeSync (Version 11.16 • 64 Bit • 1/2/2022), it won't work.

I have FreeFileSync working on another computer, but I just noticed it is Version 11.9 • 64 Bit • 4/1/2021. Was it the upgrade that caused my problem? If so, is there a fix or a way to install the previous version?

Thanks,

Richard

richardgmills

Update: The problem seems to be with the second directory being on a mapped network drive to my MyCloud drive. When I did a test between two directories on my PC, I did not have the error. However, PC to MyCloud was working before. ???

xCSxXenon

RTS simply runs the sync via FFS when it detects changes and after waiting the specified idle time. Can you clarify what you mean by
But when I try to run it in RealTimeSync it won't work.
?

richardgmills

Cannot monitor directory "[directory path and name]". ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND: The system cannot find the file specified. [GetOverlappedResult]

When I run the batch file in FFS, it completes successfully. When I run the same batch file in RTS, I get that error message. If the comparison folders are on the same PC or two networked PCs, they complete in RTS. If the comparison files are on either PC to the MyCloud ethernet-connected drive, I get the above error. The original batch file I was using was between my main PC and my MyCloud, and it functioned correctly for months. Recently, it started producing the above error and won't sync. I experimented with individual folders from the original batch, and each one produced the above error in RTS, so it wasn't a folder issue. I then created test folders of only one document, and the same thing happens: FFS completes without error; RTS immediately produces the above error.

xCSxXenon

Are you running either FFS or RTS as admin or via a scheduled task as SYSTEM?

richardgmills

I have both start on boot up. I run the batch file on FFS to make sure the MyCloud is attached (as drive M:). When it completes successfully, I click Start on RTS and get the error. However, in my testing, I have tried running RTS as administrator — from the folder, not from shortcuts — and I still get the error.

xCSxXenon

Attach a screenshot of your RTS config window

richardgmills

Thanks for your help, btw.
Attachments
FFS screenshot.PNG
FFS screenshot.PNG (108.37 KiB) Viewed 471 times
RTS screenshot.PNG
RTS screenshot.PNG (54.16 KiB) Viewed 471 times

richardgmills

FFS couldn't connect to drive M: this morning; I checked in File Explorer, and it also showed M: not available. So I rebooted my MyCloud drive; and, after the reboot completed, I ran FFS, and it completed successfully. Then I tried Start on RTS, and the taskbar icon now shows, "Directory monitoring active."

Thanks for looking into the problem for me. I don't know why (or if) the drive reboot fixed the issue, but I will have to remember to try that first if I get that error again.

xCSxXenon

Interesting, report back if the issue arises again!