SFTP Comparison and file list building

Discuss new features and functions

antaresfr

I think,
I m facing a little thing which could be improbe i think.
I use FreeFileSync to sync things from few servers throug SFTP to a centralized backup folder.
Thing is like :
sftp:ip:port --> backup/folder
IP:1111 --> backup/SERV1
IP:1112 --> backup/SERV2
IP:1113 --> backup/SERV3

Problem i face is that all the sources server are on the same IP but a different PORT
If i run backups one after one no problemn but if i make the comparison all at the same time, freefilesync is not able to make a correct source file list.
I think the reason is because the list is made like sftp://ip/<pathtofile>.
Could it be possible to include the port in the file list so everything could run fine in that case.

Regards

antaresfr

Ok i've found a workaround ATM, i put dummy hostname in hosts file all linked to the same ip, and i put those dummy hostnames in freefilesync jobs and all is working fine :)

xCSxXenon

I was stumped thinking about a solution, that is so simply genius!

Plerry

The "trick" via the hosts-file also works when you need to connect to one and the same network resource under different user credentials. See here.
Site Admin

Zenju

FFS really should include the "port" when evaluating whether two paths point to the "same" location.

Fixed: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9t4tz8jbap51g9x/FreeFileSync_11.18_%255BBeta%255D_Windows_Setup.exe

aaronkempf

you mean, like you use a 'DNS C-name' to do this? Is that what you mean by 'dummy entry in the HOSTS file'?

Yeah, I've used a lot of C-names over the years. I couldnt' survive without my own DNS servers at home and work and in my self-hosted playgrounds.

While I'm posting.. is there a subreddit for freefilesync? it IS the 4th most popular website in the world (behind only TikTok, Facebook and Google/Youtube)