You are simply insane!!!

Discuss new features and functions

publicemaildump751

In a good way :-)))))))))))))))))
I can't think of any other project that has faster update release schedule, this few critical bugs, and being free (FOSS) to boot. Also, I have absolutely no idea how you find more things to fix and add in every update, because the software has been fully functional for my needs YEARS, YEARS, YEARS, YEARS ago. Not that I complain about new features, so far I have not disliked any newly introduced changes!!!
Put this right on your resume: this project makes many other software projects, open source or closed-source and written by corporate, highly paid software developers, feel shameful. I said so!!!
I have previously complained about issues with installing on Linux, but the changes you have done (about a year ago?) of switching to a universal installer have been awesome! (Linux Mint Cinnamon for me)
I don't know if Linux is an OS you use personally. If you don't, again, how well you support this software on Linux (my primary OS), also makes many other software projects feel shameful.

This has been, without much exaggeration, THE MOST needed utility in my daily use of my computer. I use this instead of RAID, primarily to synchronize (manually and daily) multiple storage solutions onto multiple (rotated in and out of my safe and off-site storage) backup drives.
Other than that, there are a hundred other ways in which I have used this software to synchronize or compare two directories.

There is a small learning curve involved, but I trust this software more than I trust my OS or any other utility to make accurate filestructure comparisons. And that is immediately after installing any update you throw at us (although I do not have a need to upgrade as often as new releases are available, since like I said this software has already been fully functional for my needs AGES ago). I think this says a lot about my trust in this software, does it not???

I DO have a few feature requests in supporting even more synchronization profiles, but I will comment on that separately.

I have donated in the past, and as soon as I can afford it, I will donate again!
P.S. Please never, ever, ever put any adware back into the installer. The second that you do, my corporate antivirus will detect that during an installation, and I immediately lose my hard-fought-for admin user rights...
Site Admin

Zenju

Wow, not sure what to say, but thank you! :D

Funnily the ToDo list still keeps growing (while the tasks are becoming way harder). The software simply resists being "done".

xCSxXenon

+1
Be careful of feature creep!

publicemaildump751

Wow, not sure what to say, but thank you! :D

Funnily the ToDo list still keeps growing (while the tasks are becoming way harder). The software simply resists being "done". Zenju, 20 Feb 2022, 17:37
Don't worry, it's a compliment :-))))))))))))))

I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA how such seemingly solid and (dare I say not complex??? on the surface) piece of software gets so many updates from you!!!

OLLI_S

I also want to say thank you for FFS, that I use nearly daily.

I compared many other sync tools, and many of them do not allow to add two or more folder pairs in a sync job (so when I want to backup my data to two external HDDs I need to create two separate jobs here and also modify excluded files and folders on two jobs.
In FSS this is possible and this makes life so much easier!

Also the ease-of-use is fantastic, FSS is easy to understand, not overloaded with options, it just works and is doing a fantastic job.

Last week I added a new sync job to SFTP, so I do not need my FTP program anymore.
Did not test this before, but I was overwhelmed about, how simple this is to setup.

Thank you for this great and easy-to-use but powerful application!
I am glad, that I am a donator for many years now and that FSS makes my life easier!

aaronkempf

I've been looking for something that will sync 'to Nextcloud'. It seems like everyone's been talkign about 'SeaFile' and "nextcloud'. I don't get the brouhaha. But if I had a better sync tool, I'd use NextCloud for EVERYTHING. As it is, I use google drive for everything.

Does this software automate copying to / from cloud providers like Google Cloud?

I'm looking forward to spinning up a VM and checking it out :)

If nothing else, I'd like 'robocopy' with a GUI. I *LIKE* (not love) 'teracopy' but they prohibit installation on Win Server (which I use for nearly everything).

While I'm on the soapbox, I'm VERY looking forward to simple SFTP file sync. I mean, if I can wire up a couple of SFTP usernames and passwords, and go collect some log files on some of my webservers, i'm going to be a VERY happy user. I've been trying to figure that out for YEARS.

xCSxXenon

I would read the FAQs and the manual to better learn if FFS can do what you want.

aaronkempf

yeah, i've been reading up on it a bunch. lookign forward to this! Sorry if i've been too chatty :) I think that online discussion like this is a hundred times more educational than youtube. To each their own. I just know that I can't watch youtube to learn stuff. I'm a READER of boards like this.

publicemaildump751

I've been looking for something that will sync 'to Nextcloud'. It seems like everyone's been talkign about 'SeaFile' and "nextcloud'. I don't get the brouhaha. But if I had a better sync tool, I'd use NextCloud for EVERYTHING. As it is, I use google drive for everything.

Does this software automate copying to / from cloud providers like Google Cloud?

I'm looking forward to spinning up a VM and checking it out :)

If nothing else, I'd like 'robocopy' with a GUI. I *LIKE* (not love) 'teracopy' but they prohibit installation on Win Server (which I use for nearly everything).

While I'm on the soapbox, I'm VERY looking forward to simple SFTP file sync. I mean, if I can wire up a couple of SFTP usernames and passwords, and go collect some log files on some of my webservers, i'm going to be a VERY happy user. I've been trying to figure that out for YEARS. aaronkempf, 16 Mar 2022, 19:18
Hello,

1) As a general approach, if you can mount it as a drive in Winblows, then FreeFileSync can handle it.
2) ALSO, FreeFileSync has the "cloud" button in GUI that works with Gurgle Drive, SFTP, and FTP.
3) In Linux (my primary OS), since you can mount ANYTHING (paper punch tape, tape drive, teletype, hard drive from a computer on the South Pole, a teapot, my plant, shoes, bricks, etc), you can therefore sync to ANYTHING in Linux. I am frequently syncing FTP (from server to my computer for backup) with FFS in Linux, it works just fine!!!
4) ALSO, if a feature is not in this software yet, I am sure it will be there a month later, given how often this software is improved and upgraded. Heck, if you want something, give the guy 20 bucks, I am sure he can put that feature in.
5) Did I mention "Open Source" ??? You could add whatever you want, yourself (at least in theory).