fixed sub-folder for temp files?

Get help for specific problems

domuhe

Dang, I hit a snag (and it was going so well!). FFS works really well for my use case, but I have a problem with the temp files that get created in the target folder during syncing.
My target folder is set to append only and that of course throws a spanner in the works. Before I used a tool that used a fixed sub-folder for temp files and I excluded the append attribute from that folder.
Any chance that I overlooked a config setting where this can be enabled?

Plerry

Not very well documented, but if you disable "Fail-safe file copy" (in the GUI under Tools / Options) the temp files will not be created, so do not need to be deleted.
However, this does mean that if something goes wrong during copying over a new file, it is not possible to restore the old file.

domuhe

Ah, thank you! I will try that.
Just so that I understand correctly, during upload FFS first copies the file to the temp file, when transfer is completed correctly it will delete existing copy and rename the temp file to correct extension. This is to prevent overwriting an existing copy with a corrupt new version.
Will FFS report such a failed/corrupt transfer? If it does, then this would be good enough for my use case as we only ever add new files to a data archive, never update an existing file. I could check for successfull completion and re-start FFS in a wrapper script.