sync.ffs_lock

Get help for specific problems

hapEcat

Why do I get the "sync.ffs_lock"?
It ran for several minutes, so I deleted the profile/session and re-created the same sync profile... It also gave the same "sync.ffs_lock" directory in use, but this time it ran for ~50sec, unlocked and the comparison ran normally. After the Synchronization ran, I ran the profile again with no further issues.
FFS 2022-04-28 07-00-32.png
FFS 2022-04-28 07-00-32.png (121.63 KiB) Viewed 4226 times

xCSxXenon

The lock file is to prevent two FFS sessions from running on the same directory at the same time. When a sync starts, it puts that file in there and deletes it when finished. If FFS gets interrupted somehow, the lock file may not be deleted. FFS saw it, but it also checks if it's been abandoned, then deletes it if it is, and then everything works normally after that.

hapEcat

You say, 2 sessions?... I restarted the computer twice, so how can this be?... Strange!
After Linux Mint starts, FFS is set to auto-start after a 15sec delay, with no input from me. I ran the 1st session, then after it synced, I next selected the session that is highlighted in the screenshot.
Not trying to argue, just trying to figure what I did to cause the "sync.ffs_lock" condition, and what to do should it happen again.

xCSxXenon

Maybe your initial auto-run session got stuck or crashed somehow? It's anyone's guess and is unlikely to be a recurring issue