Changing direction of copy fails to take effect

Discuss new features and functions

richardw

Donation edition 11.21 installed as portable on Win10 (10.0.19043), 21H1

Sorry for the lame description here.
I've seen this issue several times and i think in past releases too.

Condition
Drive X:\Folder1\folderb with files # location with accidentally deleted folderb
Drive B:\Folder2\folderb with files # my backup drive
Copy direction is X --> B with Synchronization setting = Two way

If folderb on X, is deleted, then sync operation will specify to delete folderb on B, but in this case, i realize i accidentally deleted folderb, and i want that folder. I want to copy folderb back from B --> W.

I've tried several ways to do this from the Synchronize settings area. It seems when i make changes in that area they just don't to take effect. If i swap the folder copy direction that too doesn't change the view for me to restore the files.
As i recall what i needed to do is go into Synchronize settings, set to custom and set the files to copy back, but still that doesn't work until i then go to the main display and click the selector to copy the folderb back from W to X and then it will change all the files.

The Synchronize settings area doesn't seem to work as i understand it should (did in the past) and it never shows the folder/files being copied back (restored). I understand changing the folder direction, when the setting is Two way, will likely not have an effect, but i tried so many things and nothing seemed to work until i actually manually clicked on the folder to have it copied back.
Example, swapping folder direction to B --> X, and then setting to Mirror or Update should have configured the main display to restored files back to X (B --> X).

Thanks, ~richardw

Plerry

Your post is confusing, as a Two-way sync does not have a Synchronization setting-level copy direction.
The sync/copy direction is determined based on the Two-way sync definitions.

But, it seems what you are looking for is not in the sync-settings.
Simply run a Compare, e.g. with your Two-way sync-setting, and then review the Compare results and proposed sync action.
Then identify folderb in the Compare results. There, in between the left and right side listing, you will find the FFS proposed sync action. By clicking on the sync action. you can alter it to match your needs.

xCSxXenon

Also, you are correct that you should be setting the sync to 'mirror' B ---> X. Are you running a compare after making that change? I would like to see a screenshot of the compare window after changing from your two-way sync to a mirror sync B ---> X.