cannot find file error

Get help for specific problems

UKQuinny

Hi
Ive used FFS for years with very few problems. Ive had to reconfigure back ups due to HD failure. Rather than create a new batch file, i edit excising batch files so i know they will work! Problem is this one wont work. The full error message is

The scheduled task is pointed to the bat file as normal, the location of the batch file is

C:\Users\Anthony\Documents\Free file and sync\D 2Watchy To T 2Watchy To.ffs_batch

I don't understand why its looking in the windows folder, Can anyone let me know whats wrong, as i have rebooted, but still get the error!
Cheers

xCSxXenon

What's the exact command that the task is running?

UKQuinny

Thanks for helping,
today i deleted the .ffs_batch and bat and task and started all over again.
Created new .ffs_batch - Worked
Created new .bat - Worked
Created new task - fail
The text in the action tab of the task is
"C:\Users\Anthony\Documents\Free file and sync\D 2Watchy To T 2 watchy 2.bat"

As ive said the .ffs_batch is and edit of a working file, the .bat is an edit of a working file for some reason the task just fails.

UKQuinny

Working task - "C:\Users\Anthony\Documents\Free file and sync\D Media To T Media Back Up.bat"
Not working - "C:\Users\Anthony\Documents\Free file and sync\D 2Watchy To T 2 watchy 2.bat"

I just don't see whats different.

xCSxXenon

What are the contents of the failing batch file?

UKQuinny

Working bat -
@echo off

"C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" "C:\Users\Anthony\Documents\Free file and sync\D Music to T Music Back Up.ffs_batch"

exit

non working Bat -
@echo off

"C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" "D 2Watchy To T 2 watchy 2.ffs_batch"

exit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SOLVED
i can see the problem, in the non working bat, there is no file location. For some reason it works without the location if you press the bat file directly but not when a scheduled task trys!

Thanks for your time.

xCSxXenon

Glad it's working! Yeah, when you run a batch file directly, it starts CMD in that location. The task scheduler uses the system32 folder when it runs tasks, so you have to 'cd' or use full paths.