Temporarily disable Filter (F7)

Discuss new features and functions

diysw

Hi all,
I am looking for an option to temporarily disable all or only specific lines of the entries in the Exclude list of the Filter (F7).
Is there already any possibility to do that?

If not, can it be implemented?
For example by using a special character to comment out all (using block comment) or each single line (using line comment) in the Exclude list of the Filter (F7)?

Thank you and kind regards
Thomas

Plerry

The simplest way would be to have a "full" sync configuration saved as a *.ffs_gui file.
If you want to make (temporary) changes to that configuration, simply do so, eg. by deleting entries in your Include- and/or Exclude-Filter rules. Just make sure not to save any of those changes (at least not under the same *.ffs_gui sync configuration file-name).
When you want to revert to your original sync configuration, click that configuration in the "recent" list (left-top) or explicitly open the saved sync configuration file.

diysw

The simplest way would be to have ... Plerry, 13 Oct 2022, 11:08
a right click menu for the Filter (F7) button to temporarily disable all filters specified in the Exclude list of the Filter (F7). There is already option "Clear filter" and I ask to have also option "Clear filter temporarily". That's all.

But I know, there is more than one way to skin a cat. I would prefer MY solution...
Site Admin

Zenju

Maybe we can do that by using "cut + paste":

By changing:
Clear local filter
------------------
Copy
Paste
to:
Cut
Copy
Paste

Plerry

OK, perhaps
The simplest way would be ...
should have read
Presently, the simplest way would be ...

diysw

Ok, I see know. I didn't get the details before.
But which function has the small button next to the filter button with the arrow to the right?
For users who don't have a mouse with a right button?
;-)

Ok, I think this topic can be closed now.
Thank you!