Feature request to allow removing Target files for Excluded filters

Discuss new features and functions

Pitchke

I understood searching the forum [1] that by design once you add Exclude filter paths existing target files are just ignored forever and left as they are (not removed). This may be desired in some cases.
But the way I use it is that I find additional path which I consider safe not to backup anymore which I add to Exclude filter (and this is not easy to identify initially for all files). Also I usually do this only when I need to save space on target storage.

A practical example, just few lines, for a Windows computer backup, I now exclude:
\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\
\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams\Service Worker\CacheStorage\
\AppData\Local\Microsoft\TokenBroker\
\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\Cache\
\Videos\CacheClip
\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\Service Worker\CacheStorage\
\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\
\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams\
\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Teams\
(… and plenty others, and other uses cases with NAS/SmartPhone backup/etc.)

Today when adding an "Exclude via Filter" I need to manually explore all specific added paths and remove these files manually to achieve my goal.
If I want to do this removal later or for past backups it is very difficult (using Winmerge or other means) as the tool does not know the exclude filter and files exists on both sides.
Another workaround could be to copy all excluded paths in a script and join these with all Target root path for a backup i.e. "\\NAS\BACKUP\Computer1" + "\Videos\CacheClip" to remove target files.

Hence my request here (sorry if I am a bit long ;-) would be a feature to be able to remove target excluded files (either on-demand, or as a default option), possibly after adding or editing filters, or just a single "maintenance" action/button so that FFS who knows these excludes and root target path can browse and deletes all unnecessary target files ;-))).

Thanks a lot for any feedback and I really like using FFS.
Pitchke

[1] references and similar request found in this forum:
Delete Stale Targets during "UPDATE ->" ? viewtopic.php?t=7346
A puzzle with the "exclude" filter viewtopic.php?t=7145
Right files not deleted with a time filter viewtopic.php?t=4414
Delete previously synced files viewtopic.php?t=9139&p=32989&hilit=remove+target+files#p32989

xCSxXenon

For now, you could take the added exclusion, replace everything in the include filter with that path, then clear the exclude filter. Run a compare and it will show you all the data matching that path. Use the filter boxes below to show all files, then you can select everything in the destination pane and delete. Don't save this config, just click off of it and back on to revert settings

Pitchke

Great idea xCSxXenon, indeed it uses the excluded list inside FFS, "reverse it" and allows to identify and remove all those files. This is a very good workaround.
Thanks.