BUG: FreeFileSync will not exit

Discuss new features and functions

gradi

I am using 11.27 on an M1 Mac. I discovered a bug today. While FreeFileSync was doing the Synchronize step I switched to a different window. Then when I went back to FreeFileSync window to exit the program I could not. I tried Cmd-Q and also tried the menu FreeFileSync | Quit FreeFileSync. Neither one would work. Finally I had to use Mac Force Quit to end the program. I normally do not switch windows while FreeFileSync is running so I do not know if this bug existed in earlier versions.

xCSxXenon

Is this a one-time occurrence or is it reproducible?
Site Admin

Zenju

You mean, while the sync is *still running*?

gradi

Yes, while it was running I switched to another window. When I came back to FreeFileSync it had finished, but I was not able to exit the program. I did the Force Quit. I then tried it again and switched windows and the same thing happened.

gradi

I should have mentioned that I have MacOS 12.6.1.
Site Admin

Zenju

I believe the issue is that the progress dialog is hidden *behind* the main dialog. The main dialog on the other hand remains hidden, until the progress dialog is closed. Catch-22. It's still possible to click on the progress dialog to bring it to the foreground, but this should not be necessary.

Fixed: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ek4jya1mvz9cvxk/FreeFileSync_12.1_beta_macOS.zip

gradi

Zenju, thank you for your reply and explanation.