Preventing just the "The following folders do not yet exist" warning error

Get help for specific problems

FreeFileLove

This is my initial post here.

First, thank you sincerely for FreeFileSync.

I feel much gratitude to everyone involved, especially the primary developer.

How can I avoid the warning message "The following folders do not yet exist" while not ignoring all errors for a sync profile?

For some sync profiles, I use "%Date% %Hour% %Min%" macros for destination folders, so they cannot exist before the sync. Thus this warning error is always generated for those profiles.

I also use include/exclude options for some sync profiles that cause no files for certain pairs to be copied, but this warning error is generated.

It would be very nice to be be able to prevent the "The following folders do not yet exist" warning error from being generated, while still allowing all other errors to be generated.

TIA, and thank you again for FreeFileSync.

Plerry

When you get the referred to warning in the FreeFileSync (FFS) GUI, you have the option to checkmark not to get that warning any more in the future. That should resolve your issue.

FreeFileLove

When you get the referred to warning in the FreeFileSync (FFS) GUI, you have the option to checkmark not to get that warning any more in the future. That should resolve your issue. Plerry, 17 Nov 2022, 08:32
Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I don't see any checkbox to no longer receive that warning. Instead, I'm presented with a dialog box that states "Completed with warnings" with a large yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside the yellow triangle. I can then click on the "Log" tab, to see the actual error.

After the sync profile completes, there is always a similar yellow triangle (with an exclamation point inside the yellow triangle) to the right of the sync profile's "last sync" time/date indicating that there was an error. It's a bit confusing/misleading because it looks the same as if the sync profile completed with a real error.

Plerry

FFSwarning.png
FFSwarning.png (4.01 KiB) Viewed 733 times
Simply checkmark "Don't show THIS warning again".
Other warnings should still be shown.

xCSxXenon

I can actually confirm what OP is experiencing. I re-partitioned a USB drive yesterday and had to resync the data to the new partition. When I did this, the window/warning did not pop up but it does put that warning in the log file. That part is fine. But, it also puts the 'exclamation' symbol next to the 'last sync date' since there was a warning when, in reality, that is the desired behavior. For me, it was fine since I ran another sync and the warning didn't show up obviously. If you are creating a new folder every sync, there will never be a green checkmark showing that the last sync was problem-free. Ignore it enough times and then you also ignore it when there really is a warning worth attention. Maybe using macros could disable this warning since it's never possible to prevent this situation. Or an option per-folder-pair to ignore this warning?

FreeFileLove

I can actually confirm what OP is experiencing... Maybe using macros could disable this warning since it's never possible to prevent this situation. Or an option per-folder-pair to ignore this warning? xCSxXenon, 17 Nov 2022, 15:12
I like both of these ideas.

The latter idea gives the ultimate flexibility and also has the benefit of fixing the issue that sometimes occurs when not using macros.

FreeFileLove

Any thoughts on the suggested improvements?