realtime sync question

Discuss new features and functions

chuckiecage

Just installed free file sync this morning, synced about 80 gig of files in four directories, using compare content and mirroring them, however it appears every time I make a change it goes through the entire comparing content again for each change. if I make several changes an hour it goes through it for each specific change, is this normal behavior it takes it almost 45 minutes to do one comparison so it's been at this all day putting a heavy load on the system.

Plerry

Every time you run a FFS sync, it compares the entire contents of all directories in the scope of the sync.
(obviously it has to; it does not know which file(s) may have changed).
And a comparison by file content takes a lot of time (relatively spoken).

> ... every time I make a change it goes through the entire comparing content again for each change ...
Are you manually running FFS after each change, or do you have RTS monitor the folders for changes and launch FFS upon detecting a change?
In either case, it may be wise to split your sync in four separate jobs; each sync only syncing one of your four directories. And manually run only the sync on the directory that has changed.
Effectively, you are then reducing the scope of each sync.
If all four directories contain an about equal amount of data, this should reduce your Compare phase time by about four.
If instead you use RTS, you can then create four different RTS jobs; each job monitoring just one of those four directories, and upon detecting changes, only launching the sync for that directory.