Windows batch will backup but won't version

Get help for specific problems

DynV

On Widows 11, I've setup a FreeFileSync batch file to run hourly and the backup file is properly modified hourly. However the versioning only seem to work if it was ran "manually" ; I've only done a "manual" run through the GUI but I assume it would be the same if it was through CLI. I've set the batch file synchronization to mirror and the versioning to file timestamp (not folder).

Please let me know how to setup a batch file to be automatically backed-up with versioning hourly.

Thank you kindly

Plerry

Does the user under which credentials you run the FFS batch-file (as a scheduled task /cronjob) have access to and write permission for your Versioning location?
In the Windows Task Scheduler, tasks are by default run as the System user.

DynV

The user was the sole one before a guest account was created, the latter was never logged into, so yes.

Plerry

> The user was the sole one ... so yes.

In Windows you always have the System user (next to any other users), and as stated, in the Windows Task Scheduler, tasks are by default run as the System user.

DynV

I'm not sure what's your point but on that folder, the user system has no deny and has all allows except for the last one: Special permissions.

xCSxXenon

Where is the versioning location in relation to the source and destination?

DynV

The destination is a sub-directory of the source and the versioning is a sub-directory of the destination.