New feature request RealtimeSync: Multiple jobs

Discuss new features and functions

beltrams

I think it would be nice if we can specify multiple jobs in RTS, for example monitor folder set 1 and folder set 2 separate and trigger a batch job only on the set which has changed.

I know that I can achieve this with separate RTS instances running but it would be nice to have only one instance.

randomUser

Vote +1

dave123

Vote +1

randomUser

Right now, I have to start 4 realtimesync jobs ... my tray slowly becomes crowded

randomUser

6 up to now.

I don't really understand why ALL folder pairs has to be available. RealtimeSync could monitor changes in every existing / available folder pair. Once it notices a change, the batch job is triggered and again - not available folder pairs are skipped.

Is that possible?

InfinitusVox

6 up to now.

I don't really understand why ALL folder pairs has to be available. RealtimeSync could monitor changes in every existing / available folder pair. Once it notices a change, the batch job is triggered and again - not available folder pairs are skipped.

Is that possible? randomUser, 15 Feb 2018, 09:11
Hi there! Please check out the full, step-by-step instructions I provided at the link below to configure FFS & RTS to sync multiple folder pairs (i.e., jobs). It should solve your problem! Good luck!

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5635&p=21438#p21438

K

xCSxXenon

In layman's terms, just create one large batch job out of all the jobs you want.

randomUser

Note 3: You can't enter multiple batch job files in the RTS command line. So, creating the singular batch job file and making updates to it, then overwriting the same old batch job file each time a change to the folders in FFS is made, is (probably) the best way to continuously auto-sync multiple folders with RTS.
It does NOT work as stated there. The problem is not to monitor multiple folders.

The problem comes up when you want to monitor multiple devices / drives and some of them are available, some are not available. It should sync at least the available ones...

xCSxXenon

Yeah I guess it would be nifty to have one icon that can pop up a GUI with the currently active monitored pairs and jobs. Having a systray full is clonky