Errors after my IT sent my Documents to sync with a server

Get help for specific problems

whiten

I've been using FFS for years, and LOVE IT (and I've donated). I use it to sync my document between both my work computer and a personal laptop.

But my IT department recently set W10 up to sync my Documents folder with a server. Since then, FFS is giving me some errors. I think it this class of errors may be benign, but I wanted to check.

Here's a cut and paste of the errors from a recent sync:

whiten

Oops, for some reason the paste sent my text without the paste. I'll try again.

9:57:57 AM Error Cannot create directory "\\lasp-store\home\white\Documents\FreeFileSync Conflict Deletion Folder\Engineering Management".
Error Code 183: Cannot create a file when that file already exists. [CreateDirectory]
9:57:57 AM Error Cannot create directory "\\lasp-store\home\white\Documents\FreeFileSync Conflict Deletion Folder\Engineering Management".
Error Code 183: Cannot create a file when that file already exists. [CreateDirectory]
9:57:57 AM Error Cannot create directory "\\lasp-store\home\white\Documents\FreeFileSync Conflict Deletion Folder\EMX - EIAST".
9:57:57 AM Error Cannot create directory "\\lasp-store\home\white\Documents\FreeFileSync Conflict Deletion Folder\EMX - EIAST".
9:57:58 AM Error Cannot create directory "\\lasp-store\home\white\Documents\FreeFileSync Conflict Deletion Folder\EMX - EIAST".

whiten

Maybe it's not benign. After it's done, it's still showing there are files that need synced.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Site Admin

Zenju

Is this reproducible? Why is the same error showing up multiple times? Have you set up parallel file operations > 1 for the network share? This could be due to network buffering, in which case a retry with an x seconds delay is the solution.

whiten

Yes, it's reproducible. Happens over and over. I just downloaded 10.1 and it happens there too.

As for your question, I don't know. My IT department sets those things up. But even FFS asks me for ignore, ignore all, retry, and cancel. If I hit retry, it seems to keep reprompting continuously. So network buffering wouldn't seem to be applicable to me (although I'm no expert).

Other thoughts?

Thanks!
Site Admin

Zenju

But even FFS asks me for ignore, ignore all, retry, and cancel. If I hit retry, it seems to keep reprompting continuously. So network buffering wouldn't seem to be applicable to me (although I'm no expert). whiten, 12 Jun 2018, 01:40
Maybe we have a server bug here. Can you send me a Process Monitor trace for the time when you hit retry and the error message comes up? https://freefilesync.org/faq.php#trace