Resume Connection and transmission when Connect is lost

Get help for specific problems

Benno

Hi FreeFileSync Team, hi Users,

sorry for my bad englisch :) I´m from Germany but I´ll effort ...

First I will say, I´m very satisfied with FreeFileSync. But there is some thing I miss ... perhaps FFS can but I don´t know how:

When I sync large files from my local PC to my WebServer via SFTP sometimes the connection breaks down. When connection is up again, FFS sync the hole files again --> When I use for example FileZilla, it will resume and don´t sync the hole file again.

Is there a solution ? Do you know the Problem ?
Many thanks for your answers and greetings from Benno!!
Site Admin

Zenju

Resuming a partially written file is probably not a good idea from a correctness point of view. Even if it appears to work "most of the time", resuming a file transfer of a byte stream that just had an error seems like building on shaky ground.

Benno

Hi, thanks for your Answer. We thougt it works because it´s possible with FileZilla. Thank you!

ffs_user

Hi Zenju,
Sorry to dig up this old topic but I am interested in this suggested capability to resume a failed synchronisation at the point where it stopped. It could be done the same way as FTP -RESTART does.
Is it still not planned in the future evolutions of FFS?

PetrusV

Hi Zenju

I also face this problem. I am in Africa and connection is interrupted constantly. sftp supports resume and works great in FileZilla. It took me 6 months trying to upload 48GB in FreeFileSync, compared to 4 days inside FileZilla.

Please, can you make a automatic retry option for when connection was interrupted? Every time this happens all I do is merely click on retry anyway, and then it continues.

I desperately need this function. I have donated before but am prepared to donate again if it can have automatic retry option.
Site Admin

Zenju

@PetrusV:
Auto-retry can be enabled in the comparison settings dialog.

PetrusV

Wonderful!! Exactly what I was looking for!! thank you so much!!!!!