same files show as different in ffsync

Get help for specific problems

valioni

hello i have encountered a problem, i try to sync some old data and for some reason ffsync tries to copy the same files from both locations, one to the other and vice versa
mp3 files for now - what i found- but have to check if not more
i used both time&size and also contents search

i am using win10 and just installed the latest ffsync 10.11 and try to backup from laptop hhd to portable hdd by usb
error same files viewed as diff.JPG
error same files viewed as diff.JPG (421.09 KiB) Viewed 822 times
same files in diff locations.JPG
same files in diff locations.JPG (396.56 KiB) Viewed 822 times
Site Admin

Zenju

FFS also seems to find both sides (124 items total), but they are not matched in the middle column. This implies that the "Relative path is different". You can look this up in the FFS main dialog.

valioni

FFS also seems to find both sides (124 items total), but they are not matched in the middle column. This implies that the "Relative path is different". You can look this up in the FFS main dialog. Zenju, 13 Apr 2019, 09:48
tnx for your time!

yes it finds both set of files, but reads them as different, i don't know where main dialog in ffs is (if you are referring to first picture as main dialog then i know where it is ;))

how do i find this "relative path difference issue" and how do i fix it?

if i understand well ffs will try to overlap the 2 folders and copy one over the other, and files having the same name will get an error?

should i experiment and give it a go to the sync?
are there any files i can send if you are interested in the issue, if it is an issue and not my noobness?
Site Admin

Zenju

You can select a line in the main dialog and CTRL+C, CTRL+V into some text editor. There must be some path difference otherwise FFS would have matched them. Unicode allows for all kinds of crazy characters, including invisible ones.

makon

I have similar problem. Win10, FFS 10.11. FFS wanst sync. the same files (date, size).Every time FFS shows to sync ca. 12GB, should be 10-30MB.

I checked paths, it look like below:
Left:
Cennik\BoxCase cennik 6.pdf 201 101
Right:
Cennik\BoxCase cennik 6.pdf 201 101
Where is problem? On other PC with Win7 I don't have problem.