Update mode

Discuss new features and functions

Smith5646@gmail.com

I often create backup copies/folders of my projects and then after they have been synced to my destination folder, I delete them.

When I run in update mode, it appears to be reading the entire destination folder which takes a lot of extra time. It is definitely running in update mode because the folders in the destination folder are not recreated in my source folder. Since it is running in update mode, why does it care what is in the destination folder? It seems like it should only care about what is in the source folder and they update the destination folder as needed.

Do I have something set up wrong?

Plerry

> ... and they update the destination folder as needed

In order to determine what needs to be synced, FFS (also) has to read the destination location(s).
FFS searches the destination location not only for files existing in the source location (which would suffice for the Update Variant), but for all files in scope of the sync.
Likely, this is to keep the Compare phase identical to the one required for other sync variants.

If this bothers you:
For folders and files that are (semi) permanently only present in your destination location, consider adding those to your Exclude Filter.