Excluded dir is causing an error (.gvfs)

Get help for specific problems

Lee321987

Hello.
My OS: Xubuntu.

I need to run my sync job as root.
But when I run it as root, I get an error on one dir:
Cannot read file attributes of "/home/<username>/.gvfs".
EACCES: Permission denied [lstat]
I don't need anything from this dir and i still get the error even if the dir is in my "Filter -> exclude" list.

The settings for the job:
Dir: /home/<username>
Filter Includes: *:
Filter Excludes: */
/.gvfs

for exclude I would think just "*/" would be enough, but even with "/.gvfs" excluded I still get this error.

Plerry

Having /.gvfs in your Exclude Filter will only exclude a .gvfs-file that is in the root of your left and/or right base-location, not if it is in any of their subdirectories.
You need to enter either the correct path in front of /.gvfs, relative to your left-and right base location, or enter */.gvfs, which will exclude all files named .gvfs in the dir-tree.
Instead of manually editing filter rules, you can also run a Compare in the FFS GUI, select the relevant file and use the right-click context menu to automatically add a rule in the right format.

However, given the fact that via your other Exclude Filter entry */ you seem to be excluding all sub-directories (and per the 3rd bullet in the Note thereby) all files in all subdirectories), your .gvfs file must have been in the root of the left and/or right base-location and your /.gvfs entry should already have been sufficient.
That is, unless, after meanwhile quite some years, there are still some nuances in In- and Exclude Filtering that have escaped me ...
Site Admin

Zenju

Excluding filtering happens *after* it is determined what an item is (lstat).