Hint at Source & Destination

Discuss new features and functions

TomBoy321

Would be nice to have a hint at what is the Source & Destination, idea's attached below

Also, on Linux Mint (GTK+) with the Dark theme is still very hard to use FFS due to the dark text :( (Picture idea's attached below), here is the related dark theme/mode threads
viewtopic.php?t=8454
viewtopic.php?t=7282&hilit=Dark#p24421
viewtopic.php?t=6927
I realize this is not so much an issue in this project, but a bug/limiting in the cross-platform wxwidgets.org that FFS is built on. Still hoping for something though!

Thanks!
Attachments
Edit 3.png
Edit 3.png (203.84 KiB) Viewed 90 times
Dark.png
Dark.png (78.05 KiB) Viewed 90 times
Edit 2.png
Edit 2.png (187.33 KiB) Viewed 90 times
Edited.png
Edited.png (195.64 KiB) Viewed 90 times

xCSxXenon

Since FFS supports more than simply mirroring from a source to a destination, having the sides designated as such wouldn't make sense. Using two-way syncing would be an example where this doesn't work.

FFS doesn't have a Dark Mode so any issues you are having with it should be directed at whoever implemented it. I wish we had an official dark mode though :c

TomBoy321

You're totally right! I suspected my little idea was not gonna hold up (but the hubris of noobs is great), I just started using this great program yesterday after being frustrated with using rsync (systems freezes, reading & remembering command line options). Still learning, but so far very happy! Found this software while looking on https://alternativeto.net/software/rsync/

The dark mode is a system theme, so it probably needs a full chain developer to understand how to remedy it properly, and is quite likely on upstream bug/limitation. Oh, well, I guess this whole thread can be safely deleted with no loss to humanity.