REQUEST: Dark Theme for Windows 10

Discuss new features and functions

BazCuda

Of course, one possible solution is [for the author] to simply choose a dark color scheme and implement it manually, with no reference to Windows or to either its color schemes or its color palettes, as I have done for some of my own software, e.g. CustomMenu (see screenshots at https://github.com/BazzaCuda/CustomMenu). Of course, the app is then permanently in Dark Mode, which I was happy with for my own software but the author of FFS may be against. It saved me a lot of headaches that way, pre-empting the inevitable requests for a Dark Mode. I have had zero requests for a Light Mode :P
Just a thought.

BazCuda

In general, FFS is using system colors everywhere. The only reason why "Dark Mode" support for FFS on Windows 10 is not available right now is that Microsoft has decided to limit its support to Windows Store apps, while leaving Win32 apps out in the dark.
Another [possibly] straight-forward solution might be to have a colors.ini file and name each type of control used in FFS. In colors.ini you then specify hexadecimal RRGGBB digits for each control and devise a manual dark mode for FFS (read and applied at app launch) which is entirely separate from and totally unreliant on the vagueries of the Windows color scheme mechanisms. We could then, even, share our colors.ini files with each other on here. This is, in effect, mimicking what the old color palette dialog used to do in Windows, except it's limited to FFS's controls not system wide.