Cant Find let alone Delete a scheduled task

Get help for specific problems

chriskeeganhw

Hi

New to FFS and the forum

Apologies if this exists somewhere but I couldn't find it

So I use FFS (the green symbol, not the real-time red synch)

Set up a synch, saved it as batch file which I then set up via task scheduler in windows following the instructions in FFS to run it daily

So that would be the ffs executable as the program name with the sync script name as the argument

I want to stop the sync now

But I can't find freefilesync.exe anywhere in the scheduled task list

Is it hidden somehow? Or only shows up in the scheduled task list at the time I set it to sync and then deletes itself or something?

Any help as to where it would be and how to stop it gratefully (and embarrassingly) received

Thanks

Plerry

The Task Scheduler will only show tasks for the currently logged-in user.
So, if you created a Scheduled Task as another user, you need to log-in as that user.

If you open the Task Scheduler, and the "Task Scheduler (local)" is active (top-left), it will likely show nothing. Hoever, if you then select the Task Scheduler Library, it should show all scheduled tasks for the logged-in user.
If necessary, go to the Actions window (right), select View and then checkmark "Show hidden tasks".

chriskeeganhw

Hi

Thanks for the reply

Its a month old laptop and I set everything up under the same logged in account

And I cant find any task that invokves "freesync.exe" in either library or local in task scheduler

I guess I could delete/rename the task from within FFS. I guess the task scheduler would fail and then I could look for failures in task scheduler to see what tasks failed and go from there

Many thanks

Plerry

> And I cant find any task that invokves "freesync.exe" in either library or local in task scheduler ...

When you create a scheduled task, you define the name yourself.
Only you know the name you entered when creating the task.

chriskeeganhw

Found the task and deleted it

I had called it Freefilesync as the name btw

Thanks for your help