Reset timestamps

Get help for specific problems

I just got a 12tb drive for backing up everything on my other data drives. I have finished the copy and manually confirmed that I have two full sets of my files. The issue now is when I attempt to run FreeFileSync to mirror my files from data drives / partitions to the master backup FreeFileSync wants to replace all on the master backup. There must be a way to make FFS behave correctly and only replace new files and folders than what's on the master backup. Thanks
Screenshot_20230306_032502.png
Screenshot_20230306_032502.png (396.98 KiB) Viewed 243 times

Plerry

(Your screenshot shows) you have a completely different problem.
You have defined several different left-side base locations, but all your right-side base locations are identical. This creates an overlap (for which you should have received a warning), which can, and in your case is dangerous, as you may notice that FFS proposed to delete 745646 files in your right-side locations, much more than it intends to copy.

With your present settings, FFS intends to sync the content of e.g. /mnt/Television/ to /mnt/MyBackups/, not the folder Television itself. And this applies to all your seven pairs.
And if you use a Mirror-sync, the sync of the second pair will gladly delete everything of the first pair that is not in the second pair, etc. (note that this is an example; the sequence of the syncs is not necessarily that of the left-right pairs.)

Instead of defining all identical right-side base locations, you could define a first right-side base location /mnt/MyBackups/Television/
a second right-side location
/mnt/MyBackups/MusicVideos/
etc.
Or simpler, define a single left-side base location /mnt/
and a single right-side location
/mnt/MyBackups/
and add at least /MyBackups/ to the Exclude Filter.
If there is more content in the /mnt/ folder that the seven listed left-side locations, you can create an Include Filter rule for those seven folders, or an Exclude rule for all other folders in /mnt/, whichever is more convenient.

xCSxXenon

Plerry is 100% correct! Paths need to be changed

Sorry for the late reply. I notice this after I made my post. As it stands now I'm copying TV Series from the new My Backups to the new My Files II. Once this is done I believe the problem will be addressed by the below being my default from now on.

/mnt/My Files I mirrored to /mnt/My Backups
/mnt/My Files II mirrored to /mnt/My Backups

EDIT: I just reread your post, and if I read your post correctly then it should be the below?

/mnt/My Files I/Docs mirrored to /mnt/My Backups/Docs
/mnt/My Files I/Downloads mirrored to /mnt/My Backups/Downloads
/mnt/My Files I/Movie Series mirrored to /mnt/My Backups/Movie Series
/mnt/My Files I/Movies mirrored to /mnt/My Backups/Movies
/mnt/My Files I/Music mirrored to /mnt/My Backups/Music
/mnt/My Files I/Music Videos mirrored to /mnt/My Backups/Music Videos

/mnt/My Files II/Television mirrored to /mnt/My Backups/Television

Thanks for the input and advice, please let me know if I have it correct or not. Thanks again

Ok the later in my last post worked like a charm, thanks again.