The Default Sync Method Should Be - Update

Discuss new features and functions

therube

The Default Sync Method Should Be - Update

Because it is "safer".

IMHO.

And aside from RTFM or anything else.
There is less likely to go wrong with Update sync vs. other methods.

A user then wants to use some other method, fine, let them.
But make them make that conscious effort to do so.

(As it is, I use Update.
I might use some other method, but I'd have to read & understand, very well, just what the implications are in using other methods [& I don't know, particularly].

The other day someone asked me... & I said - FreeFileSync.
And I threw it onto their computer.
And I said "Update - because it is safer".

And they said, well what about... & I said, "Update is safer".
And if you want to use some other method, then go about & read & learn - first.)

then by the same token, IMO, & in IMO even if that isn't the reasoning ;-), is that the default Sync method should be an Update sync, rather then Two way, simply cause, well, IMO, Update is "safer", in particular for a novice user.
viewtopic.php?t=9914#p36692
Site Admin

Zenju

IMHO "two way" is safe enough, and also a "true synchronization", which is what one can reasonably expect from a sync tool, while "update" is not. "Two way" does not delete any files upon first sync, and even during the second sync, the recycle bin will be used.

xCSxXenon

IMHO "two way" is safe enough, and also a "true synchronization", which is what one can reasonably expect from a sync tool, while "update" is not. "Two way" does not delete any files upon first sync, and even during the second sync, the recycle bin will be used. Zenju, 27 Mar 2023, 18:10
+1 Couldn't agree more

daveman

I would like an option to set the default sync method.

Should'nt be too hard to set up?

dave