Fail-safe copy option at job level

Discuss new features and functions

tonibony

Overall, I like the FFS fail-safe copy feature and use it almost all the time. But there are situations when I MUST turn it off. When this happens, I would like to turn off the option only for the job that needs it, not for all other jobs. I don't see an easy way to achieve that at the moment.

therube

As a general concept, I'd agree.

That there are options that currently can only be accessed by manually editing a file, that I'd think really should have a GUI option, but don't.

(Well, manually doing something is so that a user doesn't inadvertently make a setting that...

If that is the reasoning ?, then by the same token, IMO, & in IMO even if that isn't the reasoning ;-), is that the default Sync method should be an Update sync, rather then Two way, simply cause, well, IMO, Update is "safer", in particular for a novice user.)

Plerry

> I don't see an easy way to achieve that at the moment.

This is essentially described in the command-line manual page, section 5.

The procedure to follow is then:

1) Create a copy of your GlobalSettings.xml-file under a self selected name, e.g. GlobalSettings2.xml
See here where you can find your GlobalSettings.xml-file.

2) Open your just created GlobalSettings2.xml file with an editor, e.g. with Notepad++, find the line
<FailSafeFileCopy Enabled="true"/>
, change "true" into "false" and then save the modified file.

3) when you invoke FFS syncs for which fail-safe copying should be disabled, do so via the command-line, and in the command-line define that GlobalSettings2.xml is to be used.