Help New tool 'RealtimeSync'

Get help for specific problems

collinro

2.2 is great and this software just keeps getting better and better. However I need some help here. I have tried to work out how the RealtimeSync works and just cannot. Can someone describe how this works! Thanks.
Site Admin

Zenju

2.2 is great and this software just keeps getting better and better. However I need some help here. I have tried to work out how the RealtimeSync works and just cannot. Can someone describe how this works! Thanks.collinro
Hi,

I assume you've read the "Usage: ..." text at the top of the screen because that's basically all one has to know. If you want to use this tool to automatically start a synchronization just assemble a *.ffs_batch file in silent mode and load it with RealtimeSync. That's all.

-Zenju

collinro

Hi,

I assume you've read the "Usage: ..." text at the top of the screen because that's basically all one has to know. If you want to use this tool to automatically start a synchronization just assemble a *.ffs_batch file in silent mode and load it with RealtimeSync. That's all.

-ZenjuZenju
Hi Zenju, Sorry but I still do not get it. I am not sure what "Usage .." you are referring to and what screen this is on. In addition, where is RealTimeSync? is this a stand alone programme? or is it a part of FreeFileSync?
Site Admin

Zenju

Okay, now that's the problem :) It's a standalone tool stored in the FreeFileSync directory.

-Zenju

collinro

2.2 is great and this software just keeps getting better and better. However I need some help here. I have tried to work out how the RealtimeSync works and just cannot. Can someone describe how this works! Thanks.collinro
Ah Ha! it is only in the FreeFileSync directory if you set it up via the .exe setup file. RealTimeSync is not installed if Freefilesync_v2.2_win32.zip is used. Zenju can RealTimeSync be added to your zip files as well.
Cheers, Roger

srjones67

Silent Mode? How do I set that?

weecousinjimmy

In the FFS GUI, click on Advancd, "Create batch job" and in the
window that appears you'll see a tick box for "silent mode"